Concussion Game Plan
E4: Emotional Symptoms of Concussion w/ Dr. Christina Master and Noah Abrams
Dr. Christina Master, a pediatric sports medicine specialist and co-director of the Minds Matters Concussion Program at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) explains why emotional symptoms after concussion are common, how they manifest, how she treats them, and what parents can look out for. Noah Abrams, a professional soccer player in the USL Championship, shares his experience with emotional symptoms after a concussion he suffered playing at Northeastern University, and his advice for anyone struggling with their mental health.
- You can learn more about Dr. Master and her work at CHOP here.
- You can follow Dr. Master on Twitter @drtinamaster.
- Noah wrote a heartfelt story about bouncing back from rock bottom during his concussion recovery. You can read it on our website here.
- If you or someone you love is struggling with suicidal ideation, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. It’s free and available 24/7.
- Learn more about the basics of concussion on CLF’s website here.
- If you or a loved one need additional support, resources, and treatment options for concussion, reach out to the CLF HelpLine here.
The Concussion Legacy Foundation is a non-profit organization that relies on generosity of our donors. If you’d like to donate to CLF, you can do so here.